DataGrid Paging Problem with huge # of records

Prasad Dannani

Hi,

I am having a table with around 80 Lakh Records.

I have to display all records through datagrid paging.

Because of huge size its giving different error messages

I though its better to implement my own paging and retreving only the
current page information from the server.

for that i tried using top keyword and DataAdapter fill method. But nothing
worked. I found they are not the suitable methods to solve this problem.

Can any one suggest me the best way to retreive do this.

Thanks in Advance,
Prasad Dannani

Prasad Dannani

This example only works if the start row id is fixed.
but for me it is not fixed the start & end row ids may vary.
and the # of records also vary. they may increase or decrease

Thanks in Advance
Prasad Danani

Kim Quigley

What do you mean by fixed row ID? Are you talking about the datagrid row or
the sql server table?

I'm also not sure what you mean when you say the number of records may vary.
Are you talking about how many rows will appear on a page in your datagrid?

Prasad Dannani

row ID means the ID column value of the sql server table. for example
EmployeeID in Employee Table

The number of records in a SQL Server table.

The users of the application can add/remove the existing users.

Yes, The rows in the datagrid also change based on selection made the user.

Kim Quigley

I know what a row ID is, but I'm not sure why you think it's a problem. This
example creates a temporary table with a column of sequential IDs. And I
don't think it matters if the records are being modified because each time
you change the page or add/remove a record, you would rebind your datagrid
to the results of the stored proc again.