DataGridDesigner question

Rich

I'm interested in extending some of the designer capabilities of the
datagrid and ran across this article demonstrating how to do just that.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...signwebcontrolsdatagriddesignerclasstopic.asp

Only problem is this code only seems to affect the design view and not the
underlying properties of the control. If I switch to the html view I don't
see the customizations. However I found if I tickle the property page for
the datagrid it does alter the html view appropriately. What is missing from
the code in the article? I'd ultimately like to add templated columns inside
a custom designer.

Thanks!

Rich