Date stamps from video clips

Discussion in 'Java' started by Josef Garvi, Apr 7, 2005.

  1. Josef Garvi

    Josef Garvi Guest

    I would like to extract the date/time of recording from video clips
    recorded with digital photo cameras (in MJPEG format, wrapped in either AVI
    or MOV files). The idea is to automatically index them into a database.

    From what I understand, digital photo cameras usualy store their film
    clips in either AVI or MOV files:
    http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/fdd/fdd000060.shtml (AVI)
    http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/fdd/fdd000089.shtml (Quicktime)

    Drew Noakes has made a great library for extracting the time stamps (and a
    lot of other stuff) from JPEG photos:
    http://www.drewnoakes.com/code/exif/

    I wonder if there is any similar library, working with film clips, or if
    there is any handy information over how to extract this.

    TIA

    --
    Josef Garvi

    "Reversing desertification through drought tolerant trees"
    http://www.eden-foundation.org/

    new income - better environment - more food - less poverty

    Josef Garvi, Apr 7, 2005