DBI install failed

Chris

Hi all,

Apologies for the long posting, but the details are important (I
think :) )...

I'm trying to install the DBI module via cpan and it all goes fine apart
from one minor test. To me there seems to be a problem with the test,
but before I file it as a bug would you confirm or deny my thoughts?
TIA

The test is no. 228 in t/10examp and the output is:

ok 224 - The object isa DBI::st
ok 225
ok 226 # skip # dump_results test skipped: unable to
open /homes/chris/tmp/dumpcsr.tst: Permission d
enied
#
ok 227 # skip # dump_results test skipped: unable to
open /homes/chris/tmp/dumpcsr.tst: Permission d
enied
#
not ok 228 - Remove /homes/chris/tmp/dumpcsr.tst
ok 229 - Actually gone

The code snippet which generates the error is in this block:

{
# dump_results;
my $sth = $dbh->prepare($std_sql);

isa_ok($sth, "DBI::st");

if ($haveFileSpec && length(File::Spec->updir)) {
ok($sth->execute(File::Spec->updir));
} else {
ok($sth->execute('../'));
}

my $dump_dir = ($ENV{TMP} ||
$ENV{TEMP} ||
$ENV{TMPDIR} ||
$ENV{'SYS$SCRATCH'} ||
'/tmp');
my $dump_file = ($haveFileSpec) ?

File::Spec->catfile($dump_dir, 'dumpcsr.tst')
:
"$dump_dir/dumpcsr.tst";
($dump_file) = ($dump_file =~ m/^(.*)$/); # untaint

SKIP: {
skip "# dump_results test skipped: unable to open
$dump_file: $!\n", 2 unless (open(
DUMP_RESULTS, ">$dump_file"));
ok($sth->dump_results("10", "\n", ",\t",
\*DUMP_RESULTS));
close(DUMP_RESULTS);
ok(-s $dump_file > 0);
}

is( unlink( $dump_file ), 1, "Remove $dump_file" ); <-- ERROR
ok( !-e $dump_file, "Actually gone" );

}

It seems that the code fails to create the dump_file which is 'ok', but
then when it tries to delete it and fails that is 'nok'. My issues are:

1. If the failure of the file create is ok then it shouldn't try to
delete it.
2. My $HOME/tmp permissions are 700 so that's the cause of the problem.
The test should really check for this.
3. This is such a minor error that the installation DBI shouldn't fail
because of it.

Has anyone else come across this or is this particular to my setup?
Again TIA