dclone alternatives

A. Sinan Unur

Hello All:

Given that I will only be cloning structures in memory, and thus will not
need the full power of Storable, which one of the following modules should
I use. I am going to look at their documentation and source later today,
but I would like to get your recommendations as well.

Class-Clone [0.05] Class-Clone
Clone [0.18] recursively copy Perl datatypes
Clone-Any [1.01] Clone-Any
Clone-PP [1.02] Clone-PP
UNIVERSAL-clone [0.01] UNIVERSAL-clone

Sinan

Tassilo v. Parseval

Also sprach A. Sinan Unur:
Given that I will only be cloning structures in memory, and thus will not
need the full power of Storable, which one of the following modules should
I use. I am going to look at their documentation and source later today,
but I would like to get your recommendations as well.

Class-Clone [0.05] Class-Clone
Clone [0.18] recursively copy Perl datatypes
Clone-Any [1.01] Clone-Any
Clone-PP [1.02] Clone-PP
UNIVERSAL-clone [0.01] UNIVERSAL-clone

I'd toss yet another module into this enumeration: Scalar::Util::Clone.

It exposes the clone-infrastrustructure that perl itself uses on
interpreter clones internally and is therefore probably the fastest but
certainly the most comprehensive module as it can clone everything.

That aside, its author can be trusted although no one knows his real
name. From his view few appearances on the perl-porters list it became
obvious that he knows what he's doing (he's the one who conceived that
quite impressive autobox patch to perl; it's now available as CPAN
module not requiring any patch anymore).

Tassilo

A. Sinan Unur

Also sprach A. Sinan Unur:
Given that I will only be cloning structures in memory, and thus will
not need the full power of Storable, which one of the following
modules should I use. I am going to look at their documentation and
source later today, but I would like to get your recommendations as
well.

Class-Clone [0.05] Class-Clone
Clone [0.18] recursively copy Perl datatypes
Clone-Any [1.01] Clone-Any
Clone-PP [1.02] Clone-PP
UNIVERSAL-clone [0.01] UNIVERSAL-clone

I'd toss yet another module into this enumeration:
Scalar::Util::Clone.

Thank you. I am sorry to report that I was unable to compile that module
on Win32 on my first attempt. I will investigate further.

Sinan