Debugging using Visual Studio

stephen

Hi,

I was using a .DLL created by another developer using VB 6.0 to create excel
files and it was working fine but for some reason it suddenly stopped
working (cannot instantiate an object of the module in the DLL after
referencing). Is there a way of debugging the project (VB app) using .NET.

I feel its not possible but wanted to verify

Appreciate your help,
Stephen

Guest

Stephen,

Here are a few things to look at:

1. Start up your application in the debugger. Watch the Output window. In
the Output window you should see the assemblies as they are loaded into
memory. Make sure that that they all load cleanly.

2. Run Depends.exe against the VB6 DLL and make sure that all the DLLs it
needs are found.

3. Check the Registry and make sure that the VB6 DLL's COM interfaces are
properly registered. Or just unregister it and reregister it.

Hopefully one or more of these ideas will point you in the right direction.

Good luck with this,

Kim Greenlee