    same internal LAN), it seems stupid to have to copy it locally to work on
    and debug it just to place it right back on the server... especially when
    many people are developing it simultaneously thanks

    Brian Henry, Jul 11, 2004

  2. You could install the necessary application from the Visual Studio Setup CD.
    But your choice has a limitation: only one person at time can debug your web
    application.

    Since the Visual Studio .NET was released, the approach to develop in a team
    is changed. Now, the right way that you have to use is:

    - Install a Visual Source Safe (VSS) Server (to share the source code with
    the other developer)
    - Install the VSS client in each developer PC
    - Link your project, in Visual Studio, to the corresponding project in VSS
    - Develop e debug (this can be done from any developer in the team
    concurrently)
    - Compile it in release mode and deploy it in the staging or production
    server.

    For more info see this link:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/tdlg_ch2.asp

    Davide Vernole [MVP], Jul 11, 2004

  3. Brian Henry

    Brian Henry Guest

    hi, what are the "nesecary applications" that need installed on the server
    for remote debugging? thanks

    Brian Henry, Jul 11, 2004
  4. Davide Vernole [MVP], Jul 11, 2004
  5. Brian Henry