    3.0? I know how to set the font for each line of text, but I'm sure
    there's a correct way to set a default font. The font does not change in
    size or weight throughout the page.

    mcp6453, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Using a linked style sheet.

    But the question reveals that you really need to read an HTML tutorial,
    _especially_ if you just read one and it taught you HTML 3.0 - which is
    an incomplere draft that expired in 1995. It was never approved, still
    less implemented. So you can't really use HTML 3.0 anywhere, except to
    the extent that it coincides with what has actually been implemented.

    In HTML as implemented, and as defined in HTML 3.2 and HTML 4, you could
    use <basefont face="...">, but its effect has been vaguely defined and
    inconsistently implemented. So just forget it.

    A simple way of setting the default font face is this (it means using a
    style sheet embedded into HTML): add the following into the <head> part
    of your document:

    body { font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; }

    Adjust the font list as desired. You don't need to list several fonts,
    but if you do, a browser uses the first one in the list that is available
    on the system.

    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 21, 2004

  3. mcp6453

    WebcastMaker Guest

    Short answer is you don't, the user will decide.

    The long answer is use CSS. Go to www.w3schools.com and take the 30
    minutes to run through the tutorial for CSS.

    WebcastMaker, Aug 21, 2004
  4. mcp6453

    mcp6453 Guest

    Great. Thanks!

    mcp6453, Aug 21, 2004
  5. mcp6453

    Karl Groves Guest

    you, and the three other people who you say are "like you" in your example,
    represent such a miniscule demographic that you hardly make a compelling
    argument for not changing fonts.

    -karl

    Karl Groves, Aug 21, 2004
  6. Why bother?
    People like me turn off designer fonts and sizes and use our own css
    instead so that we can read a site using fonts and sizes that we want
    to use not what some stupid designer wants us to use.

    Titus A Ducksass - AKA broken-record, Aug 21, 2004
  7. mcp6453

    WebcastMaker Guest

    Did I wake up in some bizzaro world? 0_o

    WebcastMaker, Aug 21, 2004
  8. mcp6453

    WebcastMaker Guest

    You completely missed the boat on this one. I was commenting on Karls
    reply, he is usually a proponent, his remark made me think otherwise.

    WebcastMaker, Aug 21, 2004
  9. When you are going blind, it is very important to be able to change
    the font and the contrast and colour and size and and and ....

    Titus A Ducksass - AKA broken-record, Aug 21, 2004