Deploy Assembly in GAC

zeplynne

There are several ways to deploy an assembly into the global assembly
cache:

1) Use an installer designed to work with the global assembly cache.
This
is the preferred option for installing assemblies into the global
assembly
cache.

2) Use a developer tool called the Global Assembly Cache tool
(Gacutil.exe)
provided by the .NET Framework SDK.

3) Use Windows Explorer to drag and drop assemblies into the cache.

*My question:
I know Installshield can register assemblies in the GAC, but that's
not an option. Can't seem to get VS .NET Install Project to do it
though. Is it possible to write an install project in VS .NET 2003 to
register a public strong-named assembly in the GAC? Any help or
insight would be greatly appreciated.

SMW