Deploy web application to multiple websites on same server.

Mark Starkman

We are in the process of developing an application that will be reused
for different clients. Each client will have their own web site
within IIS. The web application deployment project does not allow you
to determine which website that the code will be installed to, just
the virtual directory. Is there a way to accomplish the deployment
scenario above?

Thanks,
Mark Starkman

Chris Jackson

The web deployment project doesn't allow you to specify a website, and I
view that as a clear shortcoming of the tool. To work around this, you must
stop all other running sites that appear before the site you want to install
to in the IIS metabase.