Deploying a VB.NET Application to IP site

Guest

I have developed a WEB Application using Visual Studio VB.NET and it runs
well on my development computer. I would like to run it from my personal
WEB Page provider by my Internet Provider. I have used the MS WEB Publishing
Tool to move the files and directory's to the site, but when I start the
Application via Browser, I just get the view with just the text. There are
no TEXTBOX or Button controls present? All the parts that I know of are in
place from my side. I have sent queries to my IP and they have returned the
Standard canned answers that they have provide all the information that I
Need within their HELP pages.

I have loaded up a personal site using MS Publisher previously without any
Problems and have also put a downloadable application to the site.

What am I missing here?

Once I get the site working I believe I will have another problem with
Accessing my SQL Server Tables on my system from the site, but that is
Another issue all together.

My IP provider is a CABLE company (COMCAST).
Any guidance would be appreciated...

Hermit Dave

try to open the site using IE see what happens.. you said you dont see any
controls.
right click and click view source. if you see asp.net code as is... it means
the ISP's hosting does not support ASP.NET
so ask them if they do..

if they dont open an account with http://www.brinkster.com/ and upload your
files there

HTH
--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)

Guest

From what I have gotten back from my IP, I think your suggestion to check out
www.brinkster.com is the way to go. Thanks.

Who you happen to know if I can access mu SQL Server Database from the
Brinkster site?