Deploying ASP.Net not in the default website

Guest

I want to deploy an asp.net application but I want the installer to be able
to specify the website that it goes into at install time. The current
installer always installs to the default website.

I have heard that there is a fix for this available, can anyone point me
towards it.

Scott Allen

AFAIK, the installer will only install to a different website if the
website uses a different port. If you have multiple websites on a
single port and IIS differentiates them by, say host headers, than the
setup project always picks the first active site it finds.

I think you can read between the lines for some workarounds in the
above, but none of them are really optimal solutions..

Frank Mamone

If I understand correctly you want to install to a virtual directory. If
that's the case then use the Virtual Directory property of the Web
Application Folder in the File System Folder.

Frank Mamone

John Saunders

Frank Mamone said:
If I understand correctly you want to install to a virtual directory. If
that's the case then use the Virtual Directory property of the Web
Application Folder in the File System Folder.

But what if he wants to install to a different web site? A single server may
host multiple sites?

John Saunders