    subituted the variable with a call to the viewstate with the ID of the
    textbox and the name of the property together. That worked, but i am
    concerned about the the size of the viewstate. Any suggestions? Thanks.

    CsaaGuy, Jul 13, 2005

  2. CsaaGuy

    Bruce Barker Guest

    the design time properties are stored in the source code (aspx page). look
    at an <asp:> control, and you will see all the set properties as attribute
    values.

    you are correct, viewstate blot is a performance problem with asp.net apps.
    slap a grid on your page, and viewstate is 10-100k. store as little as
    possible in viewstate.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Jul 14, 2005