    this assumption.

    Thanks.
    JB

    John Burke, May 5, 2004

  2. John Burke

    John Burke Guest

    Hi Scott,

    Thanks for your considered reply. I figured it would come to that. I had
    imagined it might be possible to imply first load if the control did not
    have LoadViewState called, but this does look like a reliable method.

    JB

    John Burke, May 5, 2004

  3. Hi John,

    You can override LoadViewState and set a flag or something. You can count on
    LoadViewState not being called for the first request.

    --
    Victor Garcia Aprea
    Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

    Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP], May 5, 2004