    ?

    Puzzled,

    Eirikur

    Eirikur Hallgrimsson, Oct 9, 2004

  2. Eirikur Hallgrimsson

    Jim Weirich Guest

    Try this:

    require 'rubygems' # Might not need this if already required
    require_gem 'dev-utils' # This makes the gem available
    # It also requires 'dev-utils'
    # as a convenience
    require 'dev-utils/debug' # Normal require now works
    # because the gem is available

    Eirikur Hallgrimsson, Oct 10, 2004

  4. Just for completeness, the middle step is unnecessary with RubyGems
    0.8. And the comment about it is wrong: it doesn't require
    'dev-utils' because the gem has no autorequire set.

    Thanks for pointing out the difficulty; I'll see if I can modify the
    docs in some helpful way.

    Cheers,
    Gavin

    Gavin Sinclair, Oct 10, 2004