Devel::Coverage

Himal

Hi all,
I am new to using Perl and am trying to do some coverage analysis.
When I do
perl -d:Coverage temp.pl
I get Cant locate Devel/Coverage.pm. What should I do for this.

Also do I alway have to do
perl -d:Coverage temp.pl
to get/update the .cvp file.

Thanks for any input.
himal.

James E Keenan

Hi all,
I am new to using Perl and am trying to do some coverage analysis.
When I do
perl -d:Coverage temp.pl
I get Cant locate Devel/Coverage.pm. What should I do for this.
Devel::Coverage is not included in the standard Perl distribution.

A quick test I use in this sitation: At the command prompt, type
"perldoc Devel::Coverage". If the response is no documentation
available, then, at the very least, you don't have any documentation
for that module and, in 99+% of the cases, the module is not loaded.

If you have the proper permissions, you can load it yourself from
CPAN:
http://search.cpan.org/author/RJRAY/Devel-Coverage-0.2/Coverage.pm

Note: the documentation on CPAN describes this module as "still very
early alpha-quality" -- which of course means that it would not be
included in any standard Perl distribution and why you do not have it
loaded.

HTH

Jim Keenan

Himal

Well it was my error in using Devel::Coverage that was giving me
problems.

I have downloaded Devel-Coverage-0.2.gz from CPAN and the README in it
explains it rather simply how to go about it.

There do seem to be an issue using it with perl 5.8.0.

Cheers,
Himal.

James E Keenan

Well it was my error in using Devel::Coverage that was giving me
problems.

I have downloaded Devel-Coverage-0.2.gz from CPAN and the README in it
explains it rather simply how to go about it.

There do seem to be an issue using it with perl 5.8.0.

I took a look at this myself. Note that version 0.2 has not been
updated since July 2000 (predating Perl 5.8 by 23 months) and did not
include *any* tests in its distribution. Having no tests, it never
passed any installation tests conducted by CPAN testers. If you have
further problems with it, you will have no choice but to contact the
module's author directly -- and hope he is still maintaining it!

Jim Keenan