    table and a <asp:table>? Which one is better for a consistent layout of
    your asp.net pages?

    ch Beffmans

    Beffmans, Jul 8, 2005

  2. They both produce an html table. All controls only produce html but server
    controls like asp:table will likely emit more properties/values in their
    output.

    HTML elements in ASP.NET files are treated as text, server controls are
    treated as objects. To make these html elements server side programmable
    you can add a runat="server" attribute to the HTML element. The main
    difference between htl table and asp:table is the way they can be
    nested,created, bound and controlled at runtime as an object rather than a
    string of text.

    Theres a good description here:
    http://www.asp101.com/lessons/webcontrols.asp

    --
    Regards

    John Timney
    ASP.NET MVP
    Microsoft Regional Director

    John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\), Jul 8, 2005