different between http://computer and http://computer.domain.com

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Peng Jie, Feb 2, 2005.

  1. Peng Jie

    Peng Jie Guest

    Hi guys,

    I built a winform control and ran it in IE to allow client dragdrop files in
    it.
    I setup up the UI permission of dotnet framework.
    It works well when I use http://computer to access it.
    But when I use http://computer.domain.com to access it,
    even I use assert() to get the permission,
    It still through out error "can't get permission of UI permission".

    Who knows the different between these two?

    Appreciate for any help.

    --
    ===================
    --$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$--

    Peng Jie, Feb 2, 2005

  2. Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN, Feb 2, 2005

  3. Peng Jie

    Peng Jie Guest

    Peng Jie, Feb 2, 2005
  4. Peng Jie

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    One site is probably in the "Intranet" security zone, and the other is in
    the "Internet" security zone.

    Cheers
    Ken

    Ken Schaefer, Feb 4, 2005
  5. Peng Jie

    Peng Jie Guest

    Thank you. I added this site to local intranet. It works.
    When I added it to trusted site, the security level is low, and it doesnt
    work.
    The localintranet's security level is medium-low, and it works.
    Both are default value. It doesn't make sence.

    Peng Jie, Feb 4, 2005
  6. Peng Jie

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    Suggest you check in an IE newsgroup, but AFAIK there are some differences
    between Intranet, and Trusted Sites, eg (auto logon in Intranet zone only
    setting etc)

    Cheers
    Ken

    Ken Schaefer, Feb 5, 2005
  7. Peng Jie

    Peng Jie Guest

    Appreciate your help. Check in other IE newsgroup now.

    Peng Jie, Feb 6, 2005