Digilent USB Module and S3 Board SRAM

dutchgoldtony

Hi all,

I'm using the digilent S3 Board and the USB2 module. I have a design
based on dpimref on the FPGA. The problem is that I need to connect to
both the USB module and to the onboard SRAM and they both share pins on
the FPGA (USB module plugged into A1).

I've tried plugging the USB module into A2 and B1 but having trouble
programming the FPGA while they are plugged in, regardless of which
configuration of J8 and JP1 I use(this is just using JTAG cable or
booting from the PROM, I realise that that JTAG is not accessible from
the USB module if not plugged into A1)!

I'd be really grateful if anybody has worked with this sort of hardware
config and if anybody knows if I'm going to have to use an external
memory module.

Cheers in advance for any help you can give,

Regards,
Tony