directory access problem

stegger

I am a perl newbie and should solve a script problem.

I have defined a directory in the smbldap_conf.pm file similar to the
following line:
$mk_ntpasswd = "/usr/local/sbin/mkntpwd";

Then in the smbldap-passwd.pl the line below generates an unexpected
output and the script behaves not like expected

Perl line which gerates the error:
my $ntpwd = `$mk_ntpasswd '$pass'`;

The error (or output)
sh: /usr/local/sbin/mkntpwd: is a directory

Thanks for any suggestions

Eric Amick

I am a perl newbie and should solve a script problem.

I have defined a directory in the smbldap_conf.pm file similar to the
following line:
$mk_ntpasswd = "/usr/local/sbin/mkntpwd";

Then in the smbldap-passwd.pl the line below generates an unexpected
output and the script behaves not like expected

Perl line which gerates the error:
my $ntpwd = `$mk_ntpasswd '$pass'`;

The error (or output)
sh: /usr/local/sbin/mkntpwd: is a directory

The error message seems clear enough to me--you're trying to use the
name of a directory as if it were a program or shell script. Perhaps
the program you want to run is in that directory?

stegger

Eric Amick said:
The error message seems clear enough to me--you're trying to use the
name of a directory as if it were a program or shell script. Perhaps
the program you want to run is in that directory?

Thanks. I was just not sure if the perl line is correct or not. There
are too many quotes for a perl beginner. :)