    won't I still retrieve only the data on my own system?

    Thx in advance.

    Katrina

    Katrina, Dec 1, 2003

  2. To allow the user to select a file, you can use the file upload control on
    your toolbar, or type it into the HTML manually.
    <input type=file id=myFile runat=server />
    Here's a couple good tutorials on the subject for you:
    http://www.aspnetpro.com/features/2003/07/asp200307so_f/asp200307so_f.asp
    http://aspalliance.com/das/tutorial/fileupload.aspx

    However, to directly access the directory structure on the client, you'll
    need .NET code running on the client with the appropriate permissions to do
    so.

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Dec 1, 2003