Disabled Controls

Jeff Carver

Okey, here's a puzzler: One of our users reports that when she tries
to complete a data entry form, the dropdownlist and radiobuttonlist
controls work fine but she can't enter anything into the textbox
controls. Nowhere in the codebehind is any textbox's Enabled property
being changed to false (not ever, and so certainly not on the basis of
some condition that applies only to this user). Has anyone ever heard
of this happening, or is it possible that this user just has some
really bad karma?

Robert Koritnik

Probably REALLY bad carma... Just joking. One more thing to check:
Javascript. Client side functionality may also cause this.

If not, we would really apreciate some code here.

Jeff Carver

The user now reports that the problem has miraculously gone away. Big surprise, eh?

Robert Koritnik

It's always the same:
- what did you do?
- nothing....
- whatever... for as long as it works I don't care what you did...

Customers are always like this. ;)

--
RobertK
{ Clever? No just smart. }