Disabled Input

John

This can be done by Javascript. See OnChange and Blur option of a input
field. Please contact a JS group.

Ice Man

hello all,

i was wondering if i could enable/disable input according to the user, e.g.
enable input2 if input1 is enable, else it's disabled. Also, if input1 is
deleted then input2 is disabled.

Wal
thx in advance

Evertjan.

John wrote on 05 aug 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
This can be done by Javascript. See OnChange and Blur option of a
input field. Please contact a JS group.

[This is an ASP NG, javascript is not an alternative to ASP.]

This ASP [vbscript here] method can be useful, since usually the user
should be defined serverside [by a login?]:

<%
user = session("user")
%>

<input type=text name=input1

<input type=text name=input2

John

Also, if input1 is deleted then input2 is disabled.

I wonder Evertjan how you this in ASP?

Evertjan.

John wrote on 05 aug 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Also, if input1 is deleted then input2 is disabled.

I wonder Evertjan how you this in ASP?

Sorry, I do not follow you.

How do you mean "input1 is deleted"?
Is that a clientside action?
If so it is not an ASP issue,
unless you submit an action request to the server.

===

ASP is serverside code,
that is executed and ended before any action can be taken from clientside.
Perhaps you should study ASP tutorials and examples on the web to get an
understanding of that fact?

Dave Anderson

John said:
Also, if input1 is deleted then input2 is disabled.

I wonder Evertjan how you this in ASP?

Clearly this could be done with a round trip triggered by an ONCHANGE
handler.

--
Dave Anderson

Evertjan.

Dave Anderson wrote on 06 aug 2004 in
Clearly this could be done with a round trip triggered by an ONCHANGE
handler.

Only if you know what a deleted input means, Dave.

Dave Anderson

I should also have added that no handler is required -- a form submission
would do just fine.

Only if you know what a deleted input means, Dave.

I disagree. Whatever "deleted input" means, if the state can be achieved
through client-side scripting, there is at least one analog achievable
through initial-state HTML rendering.

--
Dave Anderson

Evertjan.

Dave Anderson wrote on 07 aug 2004 in
I disagree. Whatever "deleted input" means, if the state can be achieved
through client-side scripting, there is at least one analog achievable
through initial-state HTML rendering.

eh ?