    From
    Date:...etc

    can't find any special codes for this, so can anyone help?

    Tanks

    thedarkman, May 26, 2014

  2. You should post the text instead of linking to a page that contains the
    text as an image.
    You should post the markup you are using, together with the sample text
    content.
    Apparently you have something like

    From: <>

    This won't work in HTML content, because "<" will be taken as starting a
    tag. Instead, use

    From: &lt;>

    P.S. Using <pre> probably makes sense *if* you are actually displaying
    E-mail message headers, as it seems. Generally, it's a clumsy device.

    Jukka K. Korpela, May 26, 2014

  3. thedarkman

    thedarkman Guest

    Sorry, the text I want to display is:

    From: <>
    Date: 2007/04/12 Thu AM 10:53:55 BST

    but what I get is

    Date: 2007/04/12 Thu AM 10:53:55 BST

    thedarkman, May 26, 2014
  4. thedarkman

    Tim Streater Guest

    Yucca already told you what to do. You make it be:

    From: &lt;>

    In PHP you can use htmlentities() to effect this conversion.

    Tim Streater, May 26, 2014
  5. thedarkman

    thedarkman Guest

    Can't understand him. Or you. Thanks anyway.

    thedarkman, May 26, 2014
  6. thedarkman

    Tim Streater Guest

    What's so fucking hard to understand about the instruction to replace
    the < in the email address with &lt; ??

    Tim Streater, May 26, 2014
  7. thedarkman

    thedarkman Guest

    Got it, it works. Magic! Thanks.

    thedarkman, May 26, 2014
  8. thedarkman

    dorayme Guest

    Just write something like

    From: &lt;&gt;<br>
    Date: 2007/04/12 Thu AM 10:53:55 BST

    dorayme, May 26, 2014
  9. Remember this is the bloke that interleaved several thousand bold and
    font elements to the point that firefox (I think, might have been
    something else) just gave up trying to render his page.

    And despite us telling him several times that what he should do was
    replace his multiple nested styling elements with a single class styled hn
    or p to make the page load and render faster and get rid of the errors, I
    don't think he ever did so.

    Denis McMahon, May 27, 2014
  10. thedarkman

    richard Guest

    I don't get this.
    Now here's a guy (thedarkman) who has been a total ignorant fool for years.
    How many times has he posted nearly this same question?
    Why isn't he bashed around the same way I am?
    You guys bash me for asking a simple quesiton, yet give this guy answers he
    never uses?
    He will be back in 3 months with either the same question or something
    similar.

    richard, Jun 1, 2014
  11. thedarkman

    dorayme Guest

    He pays. Yes, he pays us, and it comes to quite a bit even when
    divided. It is often the case that deep mysteries like this have the
    simplest and most banal answers.

    dorayme, Jun 1, 2014
  12. He gets the same sort of responses as you do. But he doesn't try and tell
    us that he knows more about the subject than we do, or call us idiots.

    Denis McMahon, Jun 1, 2014
  13. thedarkman

    Tim Streater Guest

    Yucca (IIRC) gave him the answer which he didn't grasp. I had to
    rephrase the answer in words of one syllable until he did - and I
    bashed him in the process.

    What you do is never to check your PHP before posting, thus boring us
    with the same trivial errors time after time, or fail to do a bit of
    basic homework before posting. Expect more bashing until you get it.

    I find that almost all questions I have can be answered by typing the
    question into giggle and reading through the results.

    Tim Streater, Jun 1, 2014
  14. thedarkman

    Doug Miller Guest

    Speaking for myself only... I don't bash him anymore (I used to) because I have him killfiled,
    and I never see his idiotic posts except when someone else quotes him.

    And the reason that I have him killfiled, and not you, is that while both you and he ask
    numerous stupid questions, *you* also give stupid and incorrect answers to other people's
    questions -- which he does not. In other words, *you* are a font of misinformation which
    needs correcting.

    Doug Miller, Jun 1, 2014
  15. +1

    And lets be honest this is a big reason for the richard bashing, it's at
    it's most vehement when he posts a load of crap in response to someone
    elses question.

    Denis McMahon, Jun 1, 2014