Displaying contents of Datagrid on another page

Al Wilkerson

Hi,

Does anyone know how to display the contents of a DataGrid on another
aspx page.
I have a aspx page that when the user clicks on a link button the database
is queried and I want the results to appear on the another aspx page that
has a DataGrid on it.

Thanks,

Joe Fallon

When the button is clicked, you fetch the data into an object (class,
collection, array, etc.) and then store it in Session and re-driect to the
to the grid.

Al Wilkerson

Do you mean once I have the results in the DataSet, copy into a Session
object, and then re-direct (Response.redirect) to the next page pulling the
contents of the Session object in that pages Page_Load method.

Al
Joe Fallon said:
When the button is clicked, you fetch the data into an object (class,
collection, array, etc.) and then store it in Session and re-driect to the
it to the grid.

Guest

Hi Al Wilkerson
when u click the button sure u have a value that u query with it the DB ,
then put this value in a session and in ur second page execute ur query with
adapter or reader .
hope this help:)

Eliyahu Goldin

Al,

Do you need to populate the dataset on the first page? It makes more sense
to doing once you are already on the second page. Does the second page need
a separate window?

Eliyahu

Al Wilkerson said:
Do you mean once I have the results in the DataSet, copy into a Session
object, and then re-direct (Response.redirect) to the next page pulling the
contents of the Session object in that pages Page_Load method.

Al

Al Wilkerson

Yea, I have a main page which is just a frame that consists of several
pages.
The first page is one of the frames that has a list link buttons to click
on.
When click on one of the buttons I want the contents of the dataset
displayed in another frame page that holds a DataSet.

When I click the link on first page i redirect to the second page, which has
in it's Page_Load event the database fetch and DataSet creation, but the
page doesn't display.

I probably have to find out how to display pages from a frameset in other
parts of the frame.

Al