Displaying label or textbox in grid depending on value

John Dalberg

I have a datagrid which has two columns, bound to a database table. One
column is static and the other is updatable. Instead of having the edit
command button for each row like most grids do, I would instead like to
display a label if the second column has data and a textbox if the column
is blank (null) so that the user can enter data in the empry column.

Do the rows need to be created dynamically to achieve this effect or what's
the best way for doing this?

John Dalberg