Displaying one-to-many data on web form page

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Charlie,

That sounds like a job for the free HierarGrid control that handles a
hierarchical dataset with relations:

"I have created a custom control called HierarGrid that derives from the
DataGrid and a custom DataGridColumn called HierarColumn.

The HierarGrid takes a DataSet that contains relations between the tables.

While iterating over the parent table it checks the related tables for child
rows and if one is found it dynamically loads a template for the child
row(s).

The template is rendered invisibly into the custom HierarColumn and when the
user clicks the plus icon, the template content is copied via JavaScript
into a newly created TableRow."

http://www.denisbauer.com/ASPNETControls/HierarGrid.aspx

Charlie@CBFC

Hi:

I need to display customer data and their associated purchase items on a web
page. I guess the best idea is to pull data into an hierarchial dataset.
After that, what control is best to use to bind to it and display each
customer followed by their purchases?

Thanks,
Charlie