Div background image from CSS

Paul Cheetham

Hi,

I am developing a web application in .net 2 c# in VS2005 Pro.

I have a master page, containing a DIV tag, and I am setting the
properties of the DIV in a CSS file.

Everything works fine, except the background image. It just refuses to
display the background.
If I move it into the style attribute if the DIV itself then it works,
but will not show up when it's in the CSS file.

Is this a problem, or am I missing something?

Thankyou

Paul

Paul Cheetham

OK, there are actaully 2 problems here:

- If I specify the image in the CSS file it will not display in design
mode. Is this a known issue?

- The background image will not display in Firefox when specified in
CSS. Just something to be aware of if you are testing in FF

Paul

John Jackson

Paul

I've never encountered that problem - a CSS background-image not
displaying properly in FF... Can you post the specific CSS class and
the html for the div in question.

The other problem with backgrounds not displaying correctly in the
Design mode happens when you reference the CSS file as "~/cssfile.css".
At least that has been my experience. As soon as you debug the project
(bringing it up in a browser) it works just fine...