Does Running Python modules dump stuff on "C" drive?

Warren

I am running win2k pro and was wondering if writing python scripts or
running modules dumps anything in the "C" drive? I have 3 partitions
and run python on the 3rd one or "E"drive.
My "C" drive is almost full and keeps loading up with stuff I don't
want or need. Some of it I can find some not.
So until I can get a new HD I need to keep weeding out the weeds!

TIA.

Warren

Larry Bates

Warren said:
I am running win2k pro and was wondering if writing python scripts or
running modules dumps anything in the "C" drive? I have 3 partitions
and run python on the 3rd one or "E"drive.
My "C" drive is almost full and keeps loading up with stuff I don't
want or need. Some of it I can find some not.
So until I can get a new HD I need to keep weeding out the weeds!

TIA.

Warren
Python puts .pyc modules in same directory as .py module. It is
a LOT more likely that you are filling up the hard drive with
temp files or cached files from the browser. Clear out your
Temporary Internet files (if you haven't already) and change the
location of temporary Internet files to another drive. Also
check c:\windows\temp. That directory gets lots of crud that I
have to clean out.

-Larry