Does the VS.NET designer have support for templates/themes

Jack

This seems to be a nobrainer with FrontPage, but I do not see any similar
support for this in Visual Studio.NET designer. If it is supported, is there
some kind of documentation/tutorial for this?

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

In Visual Studio 1.1, no.

In Visual Studio 2005 beta 1, yes. Templates are master pages, which contain
common elements, while themes can even alter the look of controls.

In the current environment, you can use FP with VS .NET to use the FP
specific content. Be sure to use FrontPage extensions when deploying, or you
may lose some things.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Jack

Is FP the recommended approach or should I just handcode the HTML?

Also, will FP go away with Visual Studio 2005?