Does VS 2005 support .Net 1.1 Framework?

Jason Zhang

Hi,
We are developing with VS 2005 now,but we need it build program which can
run in 1.1 Framework.
Is it possible? Do we must use VS 2003 to develop 1.1 program?
Thank you !

Regards,
Jason

Brendan Green

Short answer, yes, you must use VS 2003 to develop the 1.1 program.

Long answer, it might be possible to build your project using VS 2005 (and
therefore 2.0), and then configure the application to use the 1.1 version of
the runtime. You're probably going to run into all sorts of problems doing
this (espcially if this is a WinForms app).

Jason Zhang

Thank you very much!

Brendan Green said:
Short answer, yes, you must use VS 2003 to develop the 1.1 program.

Long answer, it might be possible to build your project using VS 2005 (and
therefore 2.0), and then configure the application to use the 1.1 version
of the runtime. You're probably going to run into all sorts of problems
doing this (espcially if this is a WinForms app).

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Brendan,

BG> Short answer, yes, you must use VS 2003 to develop the 1.1 program.
BG>
BG> Long answer, it might be possible to build your project using VS
BG> 2005 (and therefore 2.0), and then configure the application to use
BG> the 1.1 version of the runtime. You're probably going to run into
BG> all sorts of problems doing this (espcially if this is a WinForms
BG> app).

Read this: http://blogs.msdn.com/jomo_fisher/archive/2004/10/01/236879.aspx
and about MSBuild: http://weblogs.asp.net/rmclaws/archive/0001/01/01/237179.aspx

good solutions to make FW1.1 compartible progs

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsch