Dotnet scheduler like the Windows "Schedued Tasks" scheduler?

Codemonkey

Hi,

I am writing an App in .Net that involves some scheduling of tasks. I was
wondering if anybody has come accross any components or examples of how to
implement a schedule manager like the one in the Task Scheduler for Windows?

Basically I'm after something that'll allow me to specify a "recurring" or
"once off" schedule with advanced options like "the first monday in the
month" etc.

I could go ahead and write my own, but a wee voice keeps whispering the
words "Code Reuse" and "go on, be lazy" ;)

If I can't find anything that is of any use, I'll go ahead and write my own.
If anybody else is interested in a reusable component like this, let me know
your ideas and I'll take them into account when writing it. Being close to
Christmas and all that, I might even post the finished code ;)

Cheers for the help.

Trev.

Ayende Rahien

Codemonkey said:
Hi,

I am writing an App in .Net that involves some scheduling of tasks. I was
wondering if anybody has come accross any components or examples of how to
implement a schedule manager like the one in the Task Scheduler for Windows?

Basically I'm after something that'll allow me to specify a "recurring" or
"once off" schedule with advanced options like "the first monday in the
month" etc.

I could go ahead and write my own, but a wee voice keeps whispering the
words "Code Reuse" and "go on, be lazy" ;)

If I can't find anything that is of any use, I'll go ahead and write my own.
If anybody else is interested in a reusable component like this, let me know
your ideas and I'll take them into account when writing it. Being close to
Christmas and all that, I might even post the finished code ;)

Just use the windows one:
http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/eng/samples/misc.asp
http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/taskschedulerlibrary.asp
http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/TSNewLib.asp

Codemonkey

Thanks. I seen these and forgot to mention them in my first post. Although
it's pretty much exactly what I need, I'd like a self contained one (as
explained in my other post)

Cheers anyway.

Trev.

jmag

hi, ive written a class in vb.net that does exactly what your looking for..
it contains almost all of the functionality that can be found in the Outlook
Appointment Recurrence option :)

Codemonkey

hi, ive written a class in vb.net that does exactly what your
looking for

Nice one.

For the sake of saving me (and a few others who might need this
functionality in the future), would you consider sharing the code?

When I do get around to writing my own (if I have to), I was planning to
post an article on CodeProject (http://www.codeproject.com).

If you don't fancy sharing the code, never worry. I'm sure I'll be bored of
watching Christmas films over the holidays that I might get around to doing
it (Cough.... Nerd.... Cough...) ;)

Trev.

jmag

Hi mate, i would but i cant supply the code due to contractual terms layed
out in my contract ( i wrote it at work ya see)... the way it goes I guess..

it was too difficult.. if wanna ask any questions tho, then feel free to
ask..

Codemonkey

Cheers J, I thought you were just teasing us ;)

I'll let you know how I get on (If I do go ahead and write it)

Trev.

Joined
Jun 10, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Scheduling component.

Have u written the code for automatic recurring task. Can you please share it or let me know if u have posted it in codeproject