Double installation

Guest

I would like to install an ASP application twice, once using port 80, once
using port 81. When I try to install the application for the second time, the
installer offers only either uninstall or repair existing installation. Any
idea how to have two installations of the same application at the same time?

Guest

I would like to install an ASP application twice, once using port 80, once
using port 81. When I try to install the application for the second time, the
installer offers only either uninstall or repair existing installation. Any
idea how to have two installations of the same application at the same time?

It's a problem of installer and not ASP.NET. It checks if there is any
information about this software in the registry and it's found it's
trying to uninstall the software. What you can try is, you can try to
remove that information and run an installation again.

Modifying the registry can cause some problems :) Please use at your
own risk.

Other way is to create a second website in IIS (manually), point it to
port 81 and copy all content and necessary configuration from the
first site.