Download a file with filename of mixed byte codes

Guest

Hello,

We've discovered a problem whereby if we try to download a file (in IE) that
has a filename of mixed byte codes (like English and Japanese) the leading
single byte code characters are deleted or changed to something else, but the
japanese are OK

Is this an IE problem, or anyone know of a fix?

Thanks,

Jon

Joerg Jooss

Thus wrote Jon,
Hello,

We've discovered a problem whereby if we try to download a file (in
IE) that has a filename of mixed byte codes (like English and
Japanese) the leading single byte code characters are deleted or
changed to something else, but the japanese are OK

Is this an IE problem, or anyone know of a fix?

Can you explain what you mean by "mixed byte codes"? Bytes are bytes... and
mixing different character encodings in a single text file sure seems hazardous
to me.

Cheers,

Guest

Sure,

If we mix a-z with japanese (ウォッシャーã®ã‚¨ã‚¢æŠœ) the leading english letters are
destroyed.

Jon