Drawing Organization Chart in Java

mineshdesai

Hi ,

I have requirement where in I need to show a Organization chart on
the fly i.e. create a organization chart dynamically and display it.
Also it is a web based application, so i am using JSP and servlets.

Is there any tool or third party api's, using which i can draw a
organization chart.

Thanks
Minesh Desai

gimme_this_gimme_that

If your firm has some money to spend on the project you could use an
inxight StarTree.

See:

http://www.inxight.com/products/sdks/st/

Looks like this:

http://www.flashkit.com/search/sitemap/index.shtml

If a cool look is important this would be something to check out.

The API lets you add images, color the background, and change the
shape of the nodes.

There are some open source programs that display data about the same
way - but off hand I didn't find any when I googled.

Hal Rosser

Hi ,

I have requirement where in I need to show a Organization chart on
the fly i.e. create a organization chart dynamically and display it.
Also it is a web based application, so i am using JSP and servlets.

Is there any tool or third party api's, using which i can draw a
organization chart.

Thanks
Minesh Desai
I have not used it myself, but I understand that if the browser supports it,
you could use SVG.
http://www.w3schools.com/svg/svg_rect.asp
SVG Scalar Vector Graphics is a way to draw by using xml.
since your jsp creates the html, it can create the xml as well.
HTH

Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I also have Same Problem

I am also in the same problem can u please help, if already you get that concept.