DRb: nested remote objects?

Xavier Noria

I have followed a couple of intros and played around without luck. Given

account = DRbObject.new(nil, 'druby://localhost:9000')

can I get into nested attributes and have them as remote objects?

puts account.company.address.city

Or in DRb you design a "procedural" API with all you need around a
single remote object so to speak?

-- fxn

Xavier Noria

I have followed a couple of intros and played around without luck.
Given

account = DRbObject.new(nil, 'druby://localhost:9000')

can I get into nested attributes and have them as remote objects?

puts account.company.address.city

Nevermind, I opened drb/drb.rb and saw the comments there. For the
archives, the classes Company and Address suggested in the example
above have to include the DRb::DRbUndumped mixin module.

-- fxn