DSP libraries in java?

lbrtchx

I was wondering if there is something like that to the point the the
sampling is good enough to identify phonemes and do Voice Recognition
~
I did a search on: DSP "import java" Voice Recognition, and got
basically nothing useful
~
Thanks
lbrtchx

Daniel Pitts

I was wondering if there is something like that to the point the the
sampling is good enough to identify phonemes and do Voice Recognition
~
I did a search on: DSP "import java" Voice Recognition, and got
basically nothing useful
~
Thanks
lbrtchx
Strange, I searched for
java voice recognition
<http://www.google.com/search?q=java+voice+recognition>
and found
<http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/speech/forDevelopers/jsapi-guide/Recognition.html>

Actually, I'm impressed. I would have thought it such a niche that there
wouldn't have been anything.

lbrtchx

Yeap! and if you click on the contents link
~
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/speech/forDevelopers/jsapi-guide/index.html
~
you are gonna read:
~
Version 1.0 - October 26, 1998
~
almost from jdk 1.[1|2?] times ;-)
~
The first java book I read out of pure curiosity was Cay S Horstmann
"Core Java" from 1996
~
I have been interested in this topic for some time now and read that
doc a while ago hoping things would get better, but googling: jsapi-
guide
~
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=jsapi-guide
~
will give you a mere 225 hits all of them from that time
~
and, again googling: jsapi-guide "import java"
~
will give you 25 hits with basically nothing
~
I have definitely more math knowledge than needed to understand the
basics of it all, the programming skills (ANSI C, ANSI C++ and java)
to functionally code and some time to help maintain some software
package
~
Anyone else out there interested in such a project? Let's teasingly
call it jdsp and it should be aimed at doing some heavy duty DSP in
java so that Voice recognition could be achieved
~
Thanks
lbrtchx

lbrtchx

Yeap! and if you click on the contents link
Sure. How have voices, or the recognition
of same, changed since 1998? Have people
started sepaking in closely modulated colors?
~
probably there was an inside joke in your stats you yourself didn't
even catch, but I wrote my second comments based on the way I
understood the reply to my OP
~
well, to me the fact that no one is -speaking- about any of this not
even in "closely modulated colors" after a decade is definitely
telling
~
lbrtchx

Daniel Pitts

[...]

Why are you searching for "import java"? That doesn't make sense in most
java contexts.

Do a search for Java DSP, or do a search for Java Voice Recognition.

Those are most likely to give you the results you want.

lbrtchx

Why are you searching for "import java"?
~
because I was trying to see if there where some actual code out there
and filter out unrelated hits you get sometimes, because there is some
navigational link with the word "java" in it and such nonsense.
~
To me if people don't code based on it (even if toy code) than there
is no "ergosum" karma related to it
~
Thanks
lbrtchx

Daniel Pitts

~
because I was trying to see if there where some actual code out there
and filter out unrelated hits you get sometimes, because there is some
navigational link with the word "java" in it and such nonsense.
~
To me if people don't code based on it (even if toy code) than there
is no "ergosum" karma related to it
~
Thanks
lbrtchx
Well, then you are missing out on exactly what you've asked for. Sucks
to be you.