DTS execution from dll

Suzanne Boyle

Hi,

I am executing a DTS package from asp.net. It works successfully when the
code and PackageEventsSink class declaration is in the aspx file however
when the code is compilied into a dll I get the error 'Execution was
canceled by user'.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Suzanne

Allan Mitchell

Are you using Events?

If you google on this message then you will see a response from Euan Garden
re: wherever you pass pbCancel ByRef then you must set it to False in the
event handler.

There are others who have had this error (JP) and have yet to find a
solution. I have yet to have it even with packages that fail on other
people's Servers.

I am always on the lookout for code that fails everytime

--

Allan Mitchell MCSE,MCDBA, (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
www.allisonmitchell.com - Expert SQL Server Consultancy.

Suzanne Boyle

I am using events and do set the pbCancel to false in the OnQueryCancel
event handler.

I even tried re-creating the package to make sure no bugs had been compilied
into it as was mentioned in another post.

Suzanne Boyle

I've managed to narrow down the problem...

I have a transform data task that, when successful I want to run an execute
sql task however when I add the workflow OnSuccess flow between the
destination connection and the execute sql task running the package from
asp.net causes the 'Execution was canceled by user' error.

Anyone any ideas why this is happenning, its begginning to drive me round
the twist.

Suzanne