dynamic binding of text boxes

Guest

I am building a 3 level deep heirarchy tree for an application requirement. I
need the ability at any level to add an item to the tree. However, when
something is added all 3 levels must be completed.

Example:

If you are on level 1 you would see 3 text boxes to complete.
If level 2 then the first box would be populated with information pertaining
to the first item you clicked.
level 3 would have the first two boxes populated with the information from
the previous tree items you clicked.

Since this is tree will not be very big I am using a dataset and dataviews
to filter the data. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can populate the
specific textboxes with the specific data if the data is in a dataset.

If on level 1 I don't want any of the text boxes populated and level two the
dataset should contain only 1 row so I would need to populate the first text
box with that row. But level 3 would have two rows in the dataset and the
first textbox would need the data from the first row, etc.. The third box
would always be empty but when inserting the data into the SQL DB I would
need full information for the level 2 box.

After rereading this maybe this is too difficult to explain in short on here
but if you have ideas feel free to post them.

Thanks