Dynamic menu help

kaeli

"Chris45" said:
Hi ,
Trying to get a menu working for sometime now have wasted money on stupid
software etc.Now have been trying out a freebee from www.dynamicdrive.com,
but have one or two question. It's properly better if I was to show you it
so have uploaded it to with a couple of question.
http://teaup.port5.com/test/

I have found only one (free) menu that I could get to work nice with
frames, and that's the HVMenu from dynamic drive. You change a variable
to a 1 and put a div in your html file and poof, it works with frames.
That's the one I use on my intranet app that uses frames and it works
nice. Modifying the links is easy, too.

Note: I have nothing to do with HVMenu, I just love the script.

~kaeli~
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
Kill one man and you are a murderer.
Kill millions and you are a conqueror.
Kill everyone and you are God.

Stuart Palmer

Easy one first.
'Home' chnage the menu content file to be :- menu.addItem("home",
"HOME",null, "http://teaup.port5.com/", "mainFrame");

think this will sort out the problem.

the first problem is a problem I have seen and not been able to fix myself.
This is because the window is being split up and the menu will now show over
the second window, it's like having one over the other, as the menu is part
of the top then it won't go over the main one. One way you could fix this
(perhaps, there may be alternatives to this route) is, if your host has ASP
then you could remove the frames, add the menu to the top and
'server.execute' the page below it.
Now, I don't know how this would work on external urls, I'm not sure it
would work, but might be worth a try. BUt with frames, unless your frame is
bigger (to the length of the longest menu) it wil lalways be cut off.

Stu

Chris45

Stuart Palmer said:
[...]

<cut>
Re: Easy one first,God I can see that one now ,I'm sure I tried it but may
be not.
Looking in to part 2 !
Thanks
Chris

Chris45

kaeli said:
I have found only one (free) menu that I could get to work nice with
frames, and that's the HVMenu from dynamic drive. You change a variable
to a 1 and put a div in your html file and poof, it works with frames.
That's the one I use on my intranet app that uses frames and it works
nice. Modifying the links is easy, too.

Note: I have nothing to do with HVMenu, I just love the script.
<cut>
Will look in to that one and get back to you.

Thanks
Chris

Chris45

Hi ,
Trying to get a menu working for sometime now have wasted money on stupid
software etc.Now have been trying out a freebee from www.dynamicdrive.com,
but have one or two question. It's properly better if I was to show you it
so have uploaded it to with a couple of question.
http://teaup.port5.com/test/

This is where my problem starts how do I make the menu veawable over this
frame ?
Then the next problem is how would one make the link HOME open in the main
frame?

Cheers
Chris