    over these table cells? (It's an insertion bar now.)

    Thanks!

    kj

    kj, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Try

    cell.style.backgroundColor = '#rrggbb';
    You can use CSS to do this.

    td {
    cursor: default;
    }

    This will make the cursor display as the default shape (an arrow, usually)
    over all table cells, assuming the cursor property is supported. If you
    want to be more selective, change the selector to include a class.

    Mike

    Michael Winter, Feb 12, 2004

  3. kj

    McKirahan Guest

    Will this help?

    <head>
    <title>cellfunc.htm</title>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function doit(that,what) {
    if (what != "") {
    that.style.cursor = what;
    } else {
    that.style.background = "yellow";
    </script>
    </head>
    onmouseover="doit(this,'hand')"
    onmouseout="doit(this,'auto')"
    onclick="doit(this,'')">

    McKirahan, Feb 12, 2004
  4. kj

    McKirahan Guest

    Cool!

    One problem: I get #666 when I should get "black".

    P.S. I modified one line to display the color on the status bar:

    onmouseover="window.status=window.event.srcElement.strokeColor"
    onclick="alert(window.event.srcElement.strokeColor)"></div>

    This lets the user see the color without having to click.

    Where did you learn about this vml stuff?

    McKirahan, Feb 12, 2004
  5. kj

    kj Guest

    Thanks. That worked great.

    One tiny remaining problem is that even though the cursor is no
    longer an text insertion cursor, it can select text. If the mouse
    moves slightly when one clicks on a cell, some text gets selected.
    Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

    Thanks!

    kj

    kj, Feb 12, 2004
  6. kj

    McKirahan Guest

    [snip]

    Sorry for the above message; it was for another thread...

    McKirahan, Feb 12, 2004