    browser that the file does not exsit

    Thanks,
    Ron.

    Ron Vecchi, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Hi,

    Sleight of hand: specify an aspx file in the SRC attribute of the SCRIPT tag
    and generate the script on the fly in this aspx file.

    Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP], Oct 21, 2003

  3. Ron Vecchi

    Ron Vecchi Guest

    One problem with that is that now I would need to have an aspx file along
    with my custom control.
    I have recently caught notice of HttpHandlers but really don't know what
    they are or how to use them.

    Ron Vecchi, Oct 21, 2003
  4. Ron,

    In case of Http handlers I beleive you'll still have to have an additional
    handler file (don't remember its extension) - or at least modify the
    application's web.config file to register the handler.

    --
    Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]
    X-Unity Test Studio

    Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP], Oct 22, 2003
  5. Hi Ron,

    Firstly I wan to thank Dmitriy for this great help in this issue.

    Based on my research and experience, we need not to create our own
    httphandler or httpmoudle in this case. As my opinion, since we know when
    the enum propery is equal to Remote,InLine or when it equal to another
    value, we can decide whether we need to generate the js file at that time
    on the fly.

    If I have misunderstood your concern, please feel free to let me know.

    Best regards,

    Jacob Yang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support
    Get Secure! ┬ĘC www.microsoft.com/security

    Jacob Yang [MSFT], Oct 22, 2003
  6. Ron Vecchi

    Ron Vecchi Guest

    Yes, It took me a little while to think through it but since the enum is
    known I basically check for it and then create a directory and the .js file
    on the server and render my control with the <Script> tag either with the
    src attribute pointed to the newly created file or with the tag and
    javascript all togeather on the page.

    Thanks

    Ron Vecchi, Oct 22, 2003