dynamically generating XML prob

natkhatbandar

Hi,
I am generating an XML document dynamically using DOM.
I am creating an element using IXMLDOMDocument::createElement() and
then calling IXMLDOMElement::appendChild() for the parent element. For
attributes, I use IXMLDOMDocument2::createAttribute() and then
IXMLDOMElement::setAttributeNode().

My problem is that for each of the elements, an additional "xmlns"
attribute is added with no value (xmlns=""). How can I avoid getting
this extra attribute from being inserted? Note that I am not putting a
prefix for the element names.

I am generating an XML document dynamically using DOM.
I am creating an element using IXMLDOMDocument::createElement() and
then calling IXMLDOMElement::appendChild() for the parent element. For
attributes, I use IXMLDOMDocument2::createAttribute() and then
IXMLDOMElement::setAttributeNode().

My problem is that for each of the elements, an additional "xmlns"
attribute is added with no value (xmlns=""). How can I avoid getting
this extra attribute from being inserted?

Sounds as if you are using MSXML, with MSXML you should use
createNode(1, 'element-name', 'namespaceURI')
if you want to create elements in a namespace. If you use
createElement('element-name')
then the element is created in the null namespace and thus when the
document is serialized the
<element-name xmlns="">
needs to be added to properly serialize the document.

So you want (JScript syntax)
var rootElement = xmlDocument.createNode(
1,
'MyRoot',
'http://www.xyz.com/abc'
);
var myElement = xmlDocument.createNode(
1,
'MyElement1',
'http://www.xyz.com/abc'
);

If you are not using MSXML but a W3C DOM Level 2 compliant
implementation then you need to use
var rootElement = xmlDocument.createElementNS(
'http://www.xyz.com/abc',
'MyRoot'
);
var myElement = xmlDocument.createElementNS(
'http://www.xyz.com/abc',
'MyElement1'
);