Dynamically positioning DataGrids

Shane O'Keeffe

I have a WebForm onto which I would like to place a number (probably
three) DataGrid controls directly under one another. These grids will
have a variable amount of rows. There will also be label controls used
as titles at the top of each of the grids.

In the designer everything looks fine but if the number of rows in the
browser is greater than that in the designer then the controls
overlap. I had assumed that the controls under the DataGrid would be
pushed down automatically depending on the number of rows but it does
not seem to be working.

Given that paging is not really an option in this situation, is there
any other simple way to dynamically arrange the controls?

TIA,

Shane O'Keeffe.

Eliyahu Goldin

First of all, use FlowLayout.

Secondly, it's a good idea to put everything in a table.

And if you want a grid to have a scrollbar(s), put it into a <div> with
style overflow:auto;

Eliyahu

Shane O'Keeffe

Eliyahu,

Thanks for your response.

Would that be a standard HTML table or a WebForms table?

Regards,

Shane.

Shane O'Keeffe

Thank you very much for your help. My pages are looking a lot better now.

Regards,

Shane.