EasyPhp Vs InstantRails

Mick

Hi,

I am considering developing in Ruby on Rails but also need to
keep my local PHP development evironment intact.

I have the following setup

a. Win XP
b. Easy PHP
c. Instant Rails

I would ideally like to have EasyPhp and Instant Rails open at the same
time
with apache and mysql listening on different ports to avoid conflicts.

I am not extrememly familiar with configuring apache and mysql hence
easyphp and instantruby!

Can anyone tell me

a. If this is possible
b. What setting changes i need to do this

Ps. When i have easyphp working and i try to run instantrails,
instantrails does not
startup.

Curt Hibbs

Instant Rails is a fork of EasyPHP. So, you pretty much have all of
EasyPHP still there.

Curt

Mick

Ok,

I've done the following:

1. Copied my www folder from EasyPhp into my Ruby on Rails folder
2. Copied my database files in from easyphp\mysql\data to
ror\mysql\data

Almost everything is working correctly as it did in Easyphp except for
the following:

- I am getting v. strange errors now when I run my application using
InstantRails e.g.

Warning: session_start():
open(C:/ror\tmp\\sess_2efaaf9eee0ff91337ddc42803bbf647, O_RDWR) failed:
No such file or directory (2) in c:\ror\www\myapp\appfolder\login.php
on line 3

Is InstantRails using an older version of php / msql?
Would this be causing the above issue?

Curt Hibbs

Ok,

I've done the following:

1. Copied my www folder from EasyPhp into my Ruby on Rails folder
2. Copied my database files in from easyphp\mysql\data to
ror\mysql\data

Almost everything is working correctly as it did in Easyphp except for
the following:

- I am getting v. strange errors now when I run my application using
InstantRails e.g.

Warning: session_start():
open(C:/ror\tmp\\sess_2efaaf9eee0ff91337ddc42803bbf647, O_RDWR) failed:
No such file or directory (2) in c:\ror\www\myapp\appfolder\login.php
on line 3

Is InstantRails using an older version of php / msql?
Would this be causing the above issue?

That could be. I picjed up whatever was the current version around May
or June of last year (I think that was 1.8.0.1).

I don't really know PHP, so I may not be of much help to you.

Curt

Meiao

I would recomend you to install both services (php and ruby, rails) on
the same server. This way you'll have only one server running which
depending on file extension would run the appropriate program.

If you have ever installed Apache and PHP, you'll see it is not that
hard. Then, just drop the ruby on top of it.

I've done this since mid 05 (when i discovered ruby) on both Windows
and Linux. Another reason I do it this way is that i can update one
application and leave the others alone. And dont have to wait till
EasyPHP or instantRails guys release a new version.

Meião

Meiao

But anyway, i think you can install ruby/rails on top of EasyPHP.
Again, Apache will run appropriate program based on file extension.