edif format

Colin Paul Gloster

Someone asked:

"where can i find a description of the edif format. www.edif.org doesn't
have the syntax"

I do not know where to obtain the official syntax. You may be willing
to settle for the grammar in
HTTP://Splish.EE.BYU.edu/download/edifparser/edif.jj
but judging from "This page is no longer actively maintained" on
HTTP://Splish.EE.BYU.edu/download/edifparser/edif_parser_download.html
and "The main core of the EDIF tool was rewritten" from
HTTP://reliability.EE.BYU.edu/edif/edifDownload.php and "Status Draft"
on
HTTPS://JavaCC.dev.Java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentView?documentID=44825&showInfo=true
it might not be complete.

Wesley J. Landaker

Colin said:
Someone asked:

"where can i find a description of the edif format. www.edif.org
doesn't have the syntax"

I do not know where to obtain the official syntax. You may be willing
to settle for the grammar in
HTTP://Splish.EE.BYU.edu/download/edifparser/edif.jj
but judging from "This page is no longer actively maintained" on
HTTP://Splish.EE.BYU.edu/download/edifparser/edif_parser_download.html
and "The main core of the EDIF tool was rewritten" from
HTTP://reliability.EE.BYU.edu/edif/edifDownload.php and "Status Draft"
on
HTTPS://JavaCC.dev.Java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentView?documentID=44825&showInfo=true
it might not be complete.

Having been a developer for JHDL in a past life, I can atest that it's
EDIF parser worked pretty well in practice. Mostly it was used for
reading in EDIF files generated from Xilinx & Synplicity tools. It was
written primarily using a printed paper copy of the EDIF standard (as
far as I know, the only want to obtain it is to purchase a printed
copy) as reference.