electronic component connection routing

Krishna Sagiraju

hai,
I'm trying to desing a GUI that would parse a text file, which
contains a list of components and there pin connections, and disply a
visualization of the connections. Im using Qt under Linux. I can parse
the list and place the components the canvas that was easy.
I'm stuck at the second part, connecting two points( onthe canvas i
know the coords for each pin) with out overlapping any components
doesn't seem as easy.

I would like to know how exactly is board routing done?.. are there
any simple algorithms(atleast a complex or any algoroithm at all)?

Please, please point me to a good source...

thanx in advance
---
Krishna

PS: i didnot exactly know if i could post this in this group, please
pardon me if i'm worng and redirect me to a proper group.

Malcolm

Krishna Sagiraju said:
I would like to know how exactly is board routing done?.. are there
any simple algorithms(atleast a complex or any algoroithm at all)?

PS: i didnot exactly know if i could post this in this group, please
pardon me if i'm worng and redirect me to a proper group.
Algorithms, beyond the very basics which it would be silly to exclude, are
off-topic here. Try comp.programming for a discussion of routing algorithms.