electronic timesheet using asp

harsha mogaligundla

Dear All ,
I am trying to develop a web based electronic
Timesheet system for the payroll department using ASP and
SQL server, the front end has fields like ssn,time -in ,
tim-out,regular hours,sick hours,overtime etc, a user has
to enter this information into a web form, upon clicking
submit the data gets entered into a SQL server database,
the timesheet authoring person has a different view where
he can see all the pending timesheets and approve them.
Reports are generated once a month.

I am really not an expert in database designing and was
wondering if anyone could help me out in setting up the
database based on these fields , and what to use as the
primary field and how many tables to use, I would really
appreciate it if anyone of you could help me out.

thanking you
harsha

UR ednec

Simple Design: (Please build on this as required)

1. User Table - Store all user information here, e.g. first name, last name,
address, phone, ssn etc
Primary Key - make it something unique like employee id (make primary key
a running sequence number)
2. Department table - Store all department info here, e.g. departmend id,
department name, location etc
Primary Key - make it department id, which can be a running seq. number
3. Holiday table - Store all organization holidays in the fiscal year
Primary key - make it a running seq (RSN)
4. TimeSheet Table - Store data for timesheet for each employee
Primary Key - make it combo of date and employee id thus no employee can
have more than one record per day
Add a flag for denoting approved status

the rest of the logic such as overtime, sick leave etc can go into your
application

HTH