Email Tool...having problems..Please help..

Guest

Hi People,

I am tryint to use the facilities of System.Web.Mail in order to implement
an email sending facility in my web-based application.

I get this error.

An error occurred: System.Web.HttpException: Could not access 'CDO.Message'
object. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been
thrown by the target of an invocation. ---

Do I need to have a smtp server running on my pc before I can implement the
email facility ?

Please Help,

Thanks,

I..A

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Irfan,

Is there a file on your system called Cdosys.dll? That's a COM control that
Web.Mail uses.

Ken

Guest

Hi Andy,

I'm kinda new at this. Do we already need an smtp server running on the
machine in order to send & receive emails.

thanks for your help,

I..A

Guest

Yes there is. It is in my c:/windows/system32 folder, bu I have not got any
smtp server on my machine.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

What address string are you using for

SmtpMail.SmtpServer

It should be a working mail server that accepts external mail. Doesn't have
to be on your workstation.

Ken