Encrypted code with certificate

webmaniac

Hi I have an XML document that contains a username & password for the
login to the web page.

I want to know, How I can secure or Encrypt that XML document?

Here is the xml:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<Document>
<Row>
<Username>Sunny</Username>
<Password>sunny</Password>
</Row>
</document>

Do I have to use some certificate or have to provide some key to the
user?
Or How I can secure my XML, so that no one can access it.

Thanks

kit.ludwick

Hi I have an XML document that contains a username & password for the
login to the web page.

I want to know, How I can secure or Encrypt that XML document?

Here is the xml:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<Document>
<Row>
<Username>Sunny</Username>
<Password>sunny</Password>
</Row>
</document>

Do I have to use some certificate or have to provide some key to the
user?
Or How I can secure my XML, so that no one can access it.

Thanks

I may not understand your question entirely, but from what I gather,
you're storing that XML file in a child directory of your web root.
If that is the case, you won't be able to prevent other people from
viewing it. Javascript is run client side, in the browser, so in
order to have access to that file, it will need to be transferred to
the client machine along with the code that uses it. Ajax and the
like can get at it from the client machine without a local copy, but
simply viewing your code will give up the location, and any security
measures you have in place.

Again, I'm not certain in what context you are posing this question.
Perhaps you could provide some additional information? What are you
trying to accomplish?

Bart Van der Donck

webmaniac said:
Hi I have an XML document that contains a username & password for the
login to the web page.

I want to know, How I can secure or Encrypt that XML document?

Here is the xml:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<Document>
<Row>
<Username>Sunny</Username>
<Password>sunny</Password>
</Row>
</document>

There are many ways, but since this is a javascript newsgroup, here is
a javascript function that uses the same encryption of default UNIX:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/msg/096d1191285a15a4
Do I have to use some certificate or have to provide some key to the
user?

A certificate is not applicable here; that is only to confirm the
identity of a server. A key is common thing in cryptography (salt,
public keys, private keys, ... depends on the algorithm of choice).
Or How I can secure my XML, so that no one can access it.

I surmise you need to read up a bit more about encryption first. There
are multiple de/encryption ciphers depending on what you exactly want.

Hope this helps,